Queenslanders are going wild for the recently announced QLD Appliance Rebate scheme. And with good reason! It’s not every day that the government offers to help pay for you to buy an energy efficient air conditioner.
4 & 5-Star Energy-Efficient Air Conditioners
The Queensland Government’s Climate Smart Energy Savers program can provide a rebate of between $300 and $1,000 towards the cost of a new 4-star or better air-conditioning system.
If you’re looking for an energy-efficient A/C system that qualifies for this QLD Appliance Rebate, talk to us today to obtain your free quote. We have a wide range of rebate-eligible systems, including:
- 4-star split system air con
- 5-star split system air conditioners
QLD Appliance Rebate – Eligible Models
We have a wide range of 4 star and 5 star energy efficient split system air conditioners that are eligible for your application for the QLD Appliance Rebate. including:
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries 2.5kw, 3.5kw, 6.3kw
- Daikin Alira
- Fujitsu 5kw
How to Apply for this QLD Appliance Rebate
The Climate Smart Energy Savers program is an initiative under the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan aimed at helping Queensland residents manage their energy consumption, reduce bills, and lower carbon emissions. The program offers rebates to eligible residents who purchase and install 4-star rated (or higher) appliances and hot water systems. The program is time-sensitive, requiring eligible appliances to be purchased and installed between September 4, 2023, and the program’s closure date.
- Types of Rebates: There are two types of rebates – a standard rebate for all eligible households and a low-income rebate for households with lower annual incomes.
- Rebate Amounts: The rebate amounts vary depending on the type of appliance. For example, standard rebates for clothes washing machines and dryers are $300, while low-income rebates for the same are $550.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be 18 or older, live in residential premises in Queensland, and have not received assistance for the eligible appliance under another government program. Additional criteria apply for low-income rebates, such as providing a Notice of Assessment from the Australian Taxation Office.
- Program Limitations: The program operates on a first-come, first-served basis and will close when funding is exhausted. Only one rebate is available per household, and it cannot exceed the total cost of the appliance and its installation.
- Application Process: Applications must be submitted within 30 days of purchasing and installing the eligible appliance. The Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA) is responsible for administering the rebate applications and payments.
- Special Note: Before purchasing an energy-efficient appliance, it’s recommended to check the program’s availability as funding is limited.
This program aims to incentivize the adoption of energy-efficient appliances to promote sustainable living and reduce energy costs for residents.
You can submit your Queensland Appliance Rebate for an eligible 4- or 5- star energy efficient air conditioning system via this page on the Queensland Government website.