Our team of electricians can carry out all of your electrical switchboard wiring and switchboard upgrades to your home or commercial property. BG Electrical have been supplying electrical switchboard upgrades to Brisbane properties for over 10 years and can be trusted to complete your job on time and on budget.
Older style buildings and homes that have rewire-able fuses pose a much higher risk of having an electrical fire occur. They also increase the risk of electrical shock. All modern switchboard installations have mandatory electrical safety switches installed, under the Queensland law. Safety Switches act when an electrical fault occurs and will isolate the circuit immediately.
Electrical Switchboards Brisbane
If you are installing new appliances or having renovation work carried out in your home or business BG Electrical can assess the need for a switchboard upgrade, repair or installation of new switchboard to prevent overloading.
Why would you need an electrical switchboard upgrade?
- Older style switchboards with ceramic rewire-able fuses are designed to cater for a couple of household appliances. When these fuse boxes were installed homes had a fridge, washing machine and oven. Modern houses have so many more appliances in use everyday that the old switchboards are now potential fire hazards due to overloading.
- Because of this overburdening of the switchboards these homes and businesses experience frequent power outs and tripping.
- If you have added an extension to your home or business the current electrical switchboard may need to be upgraded to cope with the added needs. Even if your extension has only added lights and a few extra power points this could be enough to exceed the switchboard limits.
- Renovations such as a kitchen or entertainment room could add extra stress to your electrical switchboard. Newer appliances and electrical equipment can draw more power and add to the demands of your fuse box.
- Often older electrical switchboards are not fitted with electrical safety switches.
- To reduce the risk of electrical fires.
A new switchboard installation has many more benefits not the least being electrical safety.